Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blessing dress!











I made Baylee's blessing dress when I was in college and never really loved it. For some reason I put yellow ribbon and not the cutest lace. It was free from class so I guess that is why I chose it. Anyways I have been learning to sew and have really enjoyed it. I decided to take on this project of overhauling the dress to look like a new dress for the new baby girl. I took off the lace on the bottom of the dress which took forever and replaced it with this gorgeous lace I found at Hobby Lobby. Then I took out the lace from the sleeves and replaced it with the same lace. I put a new white ribbon to hang in front of the dress and replaced the button snaps on the back of the dress. The buttons never snapped and so I didn't want to have to safety pin it like I did with Baylee. Anyways this is the finished product. I am very pleased with it. I am very proud of myself of just experimenting. I know my Grandma would be proud if she could see it.




4 comments:

banananutmeg said...

WOW! Brittney you are SO talented! It is beautiful.

Lara said...

Love it!

Pam, Rick, and Amy said...

Brittany
That is the most pretty dress. I bet it was pretty the first time when Baylee wore it. Now it will be pretty for the new baby. Does she have a name yet.

mom and pops grover said...

The dress is beautiful Britney. Baylee looks so cute in her "Easter Best!" Actually, she looks cute in anything!