

We had to be to the hospital on tuesday June 2nd (also Andy's birthday) at 5:30 am. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything before I came. When we got there I started feeling really hungry. They were getting ready to put the I.V. in and I got light headed for some reason. I am not afraid of needles. I think it was because I hadn't eaten anything. I felt terrible. I felt light headed several times and so they had to wait to start the patosin. I could only eat ice chips and popsicles. They weren't very satisifying. The labor went very well. I pushed 3 times and baby Sydney came at 4:54 pm. She weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. and was 20 inches long. She had a hard time breathing so they took her for about 20 min. We were concerned. They came back and said everything was fine with her. When I was delivering my placenta it came out , but was attached to my uterus and so my uterus came out as well. Andy was standing by the baby and saw that something didn't look right. He came over to the doctor and asked if everything was ok. He said to hold on a minute. Our doctor is very relaxed, but he wasn't at this moment. He told the nurse to put my epidural back on. The doctor had to get my uterus back in before it started contracting. I asked if I had a contraction because I saw and felt something in my stomach still. Only it was his whole arm and hand past my belly button trying to put my uterus back. Andy saw it moving and had to sit down. I didn't realize it was that serious. The doctor said if I didn't have the epideral work so well I would of died (not litterally) when he was putting back the uterus. The nurse was trying to distract me while it was going on. It was a miracle. If he didn't get it to go back right away I would have had to have an immeditate hesterectomy. He knew that we wanted 5 children so we was really scared for us. He said everything is fine and we will be able to still have children. We were so blessed. I know that Heavenly Father answered our prayers. I am so thankful for this baby Sydney. She is adorable. She looks like I did when I was a baby. Baylee is doing so well with her. She wants to hug and kiss her all the time. She also thinks she can hold her by herself. She is more affectionate now with Andy and I. I love it. I am really enjoying my little girls. It was been nice to have my mom and Andy here with me. They have been really helpful. We came home Wednesday at 6pm. Thursday we went to the doctor and Sydney is doing well. She now weighs 7 lbs. 15 oz.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness Britney I'm so glad everything turned out alright in the end but WOW I bet that was scary! I have never heard of that happening. I'm glad you and the baby are okay. She is just precious and Baylee seems to be thrilled to have a new little sister. Congratulations to you and Andy both! What a beautiful little family!
Britney, Congratulations! Sydney is so beautiful! I'm so glad that everything worked out and that you two are both ok. What a blessing and constant reminder that the Lord watches over us and loves us so much.
Post a Comment