Friday, August 16, 2013

Dallin's poor allergies!

Dallin had another blood test done to check his allergies.  The results said he is severely allegic to egg whites and peanuts.  When he was a baby it was low.  We have to carry around an epipen which is scary.  I hope we never have to use it.  We have done some natural things for his allergies that have really worked.  He can eat dairy, and wheat which he was also allergic too.

This past monday Baylee and Sydney had a fever for 24 hours.  Dallin woke up on tuesday with an achy body and developed a fever in the afternoon.  I decided to give him some Motrin, (wish I never did) twice that day.  That night he couldn't go to sleep.  He finally went to sleep at 10pm and woke up at 6am.  The next day he had an allergic reaction to the motrin.  He had red eyes, runny nose, hives all over, eczema on his elbows and knees so bad that it looked like a horrible disease, and  red and swollen lips and throat.  He would scream when he would swallow food.  He didn't eat anything but cheerios for two days.  We took him to the allergy doctor and he said that he just had a virus with the fever and the eczema and sore throat was caused from that.  The doctor gave Dallin some antibiotics and steriods which have helped him to eat again, but I know it was the motrin.  The doctor said the only way we can test to see if he is allergic is to give him the motrin again and watch him.   I am not doing that again.  Dallin is so grumpy and just throws fits if we don't know what he wants.  He is still not feeling much better.  He won't take a nap and is exhausted.  Poor Dallin.  I feel so bad.  I just want to fix it.  I hope that he outgrows the allergies.  It seems any new food we give him he is sensitive too.  We were going swimming a lot and even the chlorine was causing eczema outbreaks.

I am so grateful I have a loving Heavenly Father that I can go to in prayer.  He has answered many prayers and comforted our family.  I am learning and growing from my earthly experiences.

No comments: