Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Girl's Camp!



We played some fun games as a stake. The girls had a balloon tied around their ankle and they had to pop another's balloon and be the last one standing with their balloon.



There were so many flies at camp. I heard somewhere that hairspray works to kill flies. So some of the girls were spraying hairspray all over their bodies and the flies.





The young women's president(she won't home everynight and showered). I don't look like my usual self camping.





I was girl's camp director for our ward. It was really hard work, but definitely rewarding. I was 17 weeks pregnant while at camp. I don't get sick, which is great. The first night we had really bad storms and the whole stake had to sleep in the lodge on the floor. The worst night sleep ever. I had terrible allergies and couldn't take anything. Nothing worked anyways. I also had asthma and couldn't breath out of my mouth or nose. Finally later that night I found out one of my young women had an inhaler that I borrowed. She saved my life at camp. She was an answer to my prayers. The storm caused lots of damage. A large tree slipt in half and landed on someone's tent in the other wards. Two of our ward's tents got the stakes ripped out and all the girls stuff got wet.

The next day we spent the day cleaning up and finding new supplies. The hike was canceled as well as the rest of the days activites.

I had a hard time at camp. I really wanted to go home because I felt miserable from my allergies, but I knew I needed to be there for the girls. They were my inspiration as well as my family. I didn't want to dissapoint them. I asked for help every night for the strength I needed to get through it each day. I definitely received the strength from the Savior. I am thankful for the experience. I definitely learned and strengthened my testimony.











No comments: